STS Steel, Inc. - Current Job Openings
- Interpret fabrication drawings for layout, fitting, assembly, and welding of structural assemblies.
- Measure and mark location and identification of holes, copes, hardware, and welds.
- Fit parts and assemblies to the appropriate location within specified tolerances.
- Performing high quality welding using SMAW, FCAW, and SAW processes in accordance with specified weld symbols and procedures shown on documents.
- Use distortion control techniques to keep assemblies in tolerance after welding.
- Perform oxy-fuel torch cutting of parts for assembly.
- Assist layout and fitters with assembling structural assemblies.
- Surface Preparation by means of solvent cleaning, hand tool cleaning, power tool cleaning, and abrasive shot blasting.
- Masking and preparation of parts for painting.
- Measurement of a proper mixing of a variety of coatings such as organic and inorganic zincs, epoxies, and polyurethanes.
- Application of coatings by using various techniques such as brush and roll striping, conventional (air pressure pot), and airless spraying.
- Use of both wet film gauges and dry film gauges.
- Efficient operation of production machines including computer-controlled equipment.
- Read drawings and work instructions to properly locate material for processing.
- Use overhead bridge cranes and other lifting devices to load and unload material on equipment.
- Conduct routine preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Perform quality control check of parts made by equipment.
- We have a CNC plasma table, burn table, CNC saw and punch for processing structural steel, anglemaster, drill press, Ironworker, manual shear, and a blast cabinet. The ideal candidate will learn to run all of them very efficiently.
All maintenance associated with production equipment.
- Diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Assist the Plant Manager with the creation of custom production equipment.
- Oversee outside expert technicians when required.
- Keeping maintenance records up-to-date and organized.